I'd really appreciate some advice/guidance on how to purchase a Supersaver fare from Como S. Giovanni to Arth-Goldau for travel on 27 May 2013, departing 11:45. I am on a tight budget, so it would be great if I knew I'd secured this cheaper fare in advance.
Currently, SBB has the ticket available for purchase at CHF27 (~Euro22), but I won't be able to collect my ticket in Switzerland, an online ticket option is not provided, and postage to Australia is huge, making advance purchase pointless.
The same journey on the Trenitalia site is currently Euro56 (~CHF69) for a base second class fare. A lot more expensive!
My question is, will the same supersaver option be available on the Trenitalia site at some point and/or purchasable at a station in Italy leading up to this train journey (I will be in Italy from 13 May 2013)? If not, is there another way I can purchase this much cheaper fare? There are two of us travelling. I've successfully booked Supersaver fares for my domestic train travel in Italy, but this international leg really has me stumped!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Help - fare differences - SBB versus Trenitalia
- 1 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 2 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 3 Cuenca or Toledo
- 4 Wimpy's
- 5 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 6 semi escorted tours
- 7 HELP stuck in Italy
- 8 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 9 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 10 France: CDG to Beaune
- 11 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 12 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 13 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 14 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 15 Holiday rental home in Wengen
- 16 Selva Gardena to Lake Como - Where to stay in between?
- 17 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 18 Easiest way to get to Cinque Terre
- 19 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 20 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 21 Nice
- 22 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 23 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 24 trip
- 25 Shopping in France for the larger than average...