We are making our way from Dijon, France to Venice, Italy in 4-5 days in late June 2013. We need help working out the best itinerary. The various options and transport issues are confounding us!
We're thinking about:
Day 1 - Dijon to Chur by public train - overnight in Chur
Day 2 Bernina Express (Chur to Tirano) and onward to Lake Como
Day 3 (and 4) Lake Como - thinking possilby Lezzeno?
Day 4 or 5 - Lake Como to Venice
We have many questions....
1. Does this itinerary work - perhaps Lake Como before Bernina Express would be easier? (We have no choice about starting in Dijon and finishing in Venice.)
2. Is Lezzeno a good choice for Lake Como, given our overall itienerary? (We happen to think it looks gorgeous, but can be swayed by practical matters!)
3. Are we best to rent a car to travel to Lake Como? If so, from which city/town?
4. Would it be better to make Lake Como a base and travel for a day trip into the Alps? Would we see the same spectacular scenery as seems to be advertised on the Bernina?
Any and all suggestions, words of wisdom, links, etc welcome!
HELP!! France to Italy via Switzerland!!
- 1 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 2 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 3 San Lorenzo Market
- 4 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 5 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 6 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 7 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 8 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 9 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 10 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 11 Cuenca or Toledo
- 12 Nice
- 13 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 14 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 15 Norway experts needed.
- 16 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 17 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 18 Last monte Paris apartment
- 19 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 20 jungfraujoch mid june
- 21 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 22 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 23 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 24 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 25 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests