We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Help with Itinerary
- 1 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 2 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 3 Last monte Paris apartment
- 4 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 5 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 6 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 7 jungfraujoch mid june
- 8 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 9 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 10 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 11 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 12 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 13 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 14 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 15 San Lorenzo Market
- 16 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 17 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 18 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 19 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 20 Cuenca or Toledo
- 21 Nice
- 22 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 23 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 24 Norway experts needed.
- 25 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?