In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
- 1 Visa to TURKEY
- 2 I Need To Vent!
- 3 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 4 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 5 8 hour layover in Frankfurt of 5/21
- 6 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 7 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 8 Tennyson Home
- 9 Austria - Salzburg to Vienna (Train and Boat)
- 10 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 11 Backpacking through Europe
- 12 Which tour company would be best?
- 13 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 14 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 15 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 16 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 17 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 18 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 19 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 20 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 21 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 22 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 23 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 24 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 25 Air show in Paris, what to expect