2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Home Base in Peloponnese?
- 1 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 2 Paris metro
- 3 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 4 I Need To Vent!
- 5 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 6 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 7 travel from split to zagreb
- 8 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 9 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 10 London & Surrounding Area
- 11 Venice at Christmas?
- 12 La Samaritaine (Paris): what's happening?
- 13 Estonia
- 14 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 15 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 16 And for more pickpocket news - this time at Sistine Chapel
- 17 Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
- 18 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 19 Beauty Products in France?!
- 20 Help me decide between Kas and Kalkan!
- 21 MILAN BUS STATION / MILAN CENTRALE RR - Correct Station?
- 22 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 23 Cell phone question
- 24 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 25 rand versus euro