I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013
- 1 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 2 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 3 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 4 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 5 Prague Itinerary
- 6 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 7 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 8 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 9 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 10 London at Xmas
- 11 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 12 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 13 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 14 Car rental Italy
- 15 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 16 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 17 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 18 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 19 Northern Italy
- 20 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 21 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 22 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 23 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 24 Best area for wine and which one?
- 25 Time Out London - is there a replacement?