I'm going to Lisbon and would like to see some other interesting towns in Portugal, but ultimately I would like to head into Spain and end my trip with a car tour of Galicia. Before I leave Portugal, I would like to see Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao. I can spend as many days as needed in Portugal to make this comfortable, not rushing around.
Any thoughts about how to go about this? I really don't like "day trips". I'd rather switch hotels for a night and keep moving. As much as possible, I'd like to take trains, not drive or take buses. I know there are usually more buses than trains running in Portugal (yes?), but I don't like buses. I'd rather rent a car than take a bus, but most of all I like trains.
What would be fabulous if is there is a way to take trains the whole time in Portugal and even across the Spanish border so that I didn't have to pay a drop off fee for a car rental (I will need a car in Galicia).
Finally, am I right to think that if something needs to drop out of my wish list, it should be Evora? I am mainly going to Portugal to see historic sights, but I think I would enjoy the scenery in the Douro?
Am I crazy to go so far north in Portugal and not see the Minho river valley?
Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
How to combine Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao, and end up in Galicia
- 1 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 2 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 3 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 4 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 5 Tour-Free Travel
- 6 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 7 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 8 UK flexipass best option?
- 9 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 12 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 13 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 14 French Riviera Overview
- 15 London Evening Activity
- 16 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 17 Planning my days in Paris
- 18 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 19 Family trip to Paris for 3 days
- 20 Austria - Salzburg to Vienna (Train and Boat)
- 21 Car Rental recommendations (Heathrow and Gatwick) ?
- 22 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 23 Has anyone sent a "care package" to a student studying abroad?
- 24 Almalfi in Late March??
- 25 Levanto, Italy B&B