Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
- 1 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 2 Almalfi in Late March??
- 3 Taxi Paris to Versailles
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 6 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 7 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 8 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 9 French Riviera Overview
- 10 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 11 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 12 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 13 Foggia Day Trip
- 14 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 15 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 16 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 17 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 18 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 19 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 20 London at Xmas
- 21 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 22 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 23 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 24 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 25 Trip to London