If you had to choose between a week in the Dordogne around Sarlat, Roacamdour area or Provence around St Remy, what would you choose? Right now I'm leaning towards the Dordogne , perhaps because I've done more research into the area. Even though Provence sounds like "the" area to see, I'm a little concerned about it being too touristy and crowded, not that the sights in Dordogne won't be too. We're having to cut back on our trip by a week, so must choose between these two areas. We're doing a week in Paris with a day trip or two (Versailles ), a couple days in Normandy and then an extra week for either the Dordogne or Provence. Also, any comments on Normandy would be appreciated too. We only have a couple days, so I'm thinking one in Bayeux to tour the Omaha beach tour and then maybe one to two days near Honfleur or Le Havre. Kids aren't much for history, but I think they have to do the tour to appreciate the sacrifices made for us. Any recommendations on a shorter tour? Sorry, this ended up being a long winded question, maybe should have made it two.
If you had to choose...
- 1 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 2 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 3 Help needed on 3 week itinerary to Croatia and Slovenia
- 4 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 5 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 6 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 7 Turkish Itinerary suggestions?
- 8 London on a sunny day
- 9 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 10 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 11 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 12 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 13 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 14 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 15 Rooms in Sorrento & Rome
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 18 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 19 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 20 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 21 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 22 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 23 Connection in Newark EWR
- 24 Battlefield Tour
- 25 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...