This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Intense Itinerary: Looking for help making adjustments.
- 1 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 2 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 3 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 4 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 5 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 6 Hotels in Sorrento
- 7 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 8 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 9 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 10 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 11 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 12 Germany with 6 month old.
- 13 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 14 Which tour company would be best?
- 15 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 16 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 17 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 18 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 19 Apartment in Seville
- 20 Irish Pub Arrival Time ?
- 21 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 22 Germany and Italy
- 23 day trips from Stuttgart
- 24 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 25 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)