This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Intense Itinerary: Looking for help making adjustments.
- 1 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 2 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 3 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 4 Paris metro
- 5 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 6 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 7 Berlin Hotels
- 8 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 9 ferry to Harwich
- 10 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 11 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 12 What is the best food in France?
- 13 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 14 York Food and Drink Festival
- 15 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 16 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 17 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 18 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 19 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 20 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 21 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 22 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 23 Istanbul Hotels
- 24 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 25 Driving in Genoa