Greetings from Ireland 2012
Salutations from rainy,cold, beautiful Ireland. I am writing to you from the lovely Blue Door B&B http://www.bluedoor.ie/ A cozy, warm and friendly B & B, in the heart of rustic
Wexford, Ireland. It is a 200 year old Georgian House. We arrived this morning, bleary and achey, my darling, advanturesome husband, oriented himself to the Irish way of driving. A cute,little sporty, golf cart sized, scarily exceeding the weight limit, hyundai was given to us, with a HANDSOME lean on a credit card, and a promise of our first born. Frank strapped himself into the passanger seat as we know it, and begin muttering to himself, with equal parts courage and insanity (think of the lion from the Wizard of Oz) assuring me, as I regretted the Valium that was buried safely in my suitcase ,for the flight home. Actually, I could not be farther than the truth, he was quite comfortable, and with the exception of an awkward round about, and some minor leaning to the left, he was off like a pro. I sat there, in the seat we know as the drivers seat, in a haze of disorientation, exhaustion, and panic. Not the best navigator.
But, as we rolled along, the luscious greenery, autumn follage, interestingly thratched roof
houses and curious sheep in the far off pasteurs, I began to relax. The sun sqinted through the abundant bushes, playing hide and seek and sedating me in a peaceful lull. We arrived a little after 2 hrs, as the windy roads, were slow with snail moving farm equiptment, and dizzying turn abouts. Our destination for three days, Wexford, Ireland.
Every year, at this time, to our amazement and excitement, this community holds an
International Opera Festival http://wexfordopera.com/ . As we were planning our itinarry,
we knew this was something we had to include. So, we are here with thousands of other,
who share the same love and passion for Opera. What a treat! We were greeted by Steven at our B&B , darting off with our bags, with his sing song Irish pleasentries. We took a long hibernation and then set out to get to know this adorable, storybook town.
We walked along the narrow, winding streets, past colorful store fronts named O'tool's and
Doyle's. We walked in the brisk, cold DRY weather, until our tummies started to grumble.
We decided on a delicious Indian Restaurant named Spice http://www.spicerestaurant.net
We had an amazing dinner of spicy, hot, aromatic indulgent Indian dishes from appetizer to dessert. The waiter was was excellent, the restaurant was elegant and comfortable and
appeared very popular.
After our scrumptious, sinful meal, we did a little more brisk walking in search of some
Ireland nightlife. We stopped at cute,little pub named Maggie Mays
http://www.maggiemays.ie/. There was a lively band with 30 somethingers enjoying their
start of the weekend. We got a cozy table, a cider and a beer, and enjoyed the
entertainment. A friendly gal came up to us spontaneously and made inviting conversation. Not wanting to push our luck on such a lovely evening, and barely recovering from 24 hrs of travel, we called it an early night.
I hope you enjoyed my first day, tune in for more tomorrow.
Happy bloggin' trails to you....................
~Brooke and Frank~
Ireland 2012 Greetings Day One
Greetings from Ireland 2012
- 1 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 4 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 5 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 6 Berlin and Sardinia Itinerary
- 7 Day trip to Capri
- 8 ferry to Harwich
- 9 Car Rental Locations
- 10 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 11 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 12 florence hotel
- 13 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 14 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 15 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 16 East coast trains
- 17 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 18 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 19 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 20 from Loire (Tours) to Amsterdam?
- 21 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 22 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 23 Best driving route from Barga to Malpensa?
- 24 Transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia
- 25 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!