I read through 3 different travel sources and I got really mixed reviews on Palermo. They all write that Palermo has a lot of monuments, but 1 guide calls it ‘beautiful’, the other ‘dirty and unpleasant’ and the 3rd one ‘somewhere in the middle’. Honestly, I have no idea, so I am seeking input. Is Palermo among Italy’s most beautiful urban centers like Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena and Torino or is Palermo not really a highlight for most visitors to this large island? I do know most visitors absolutely love Stromboli island, amazing archeological sites at Agrigento, Syracuse and Taormina, beach destinations like Taormina, Cefalu and San Vito Lo Capo and otherwise Mount Etna, but again, what’s visitors’ overall take on Palermo and spending time there?
Is Palermo a ‘Highlight’ for Most Visitors to Sicily?
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 Paris Recommendations
- 3 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 4 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 5 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 6 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 7 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 8 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 9 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 10 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 11 Rhine River Intinerary
- 12 I Need To Vent!
- 13 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 14 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 Backpacking through Europe
- 17 Connection in Newark EWR
- 18 Tennyson Home
- 19 going to cambridge in the summer on a saturday
- 20 Travel Asti to Beaune
- 21 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 22 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 23 Istanbul Hotels
- 24 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 25 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!