Hello all, I'm a 20 yo male from the US who's traveled to Romania and Bulgaria already and am currently considering another trip to Eastern Europe this Winter/Spring. Everything was shaping up well until I told my family I'll be crossing out of the EU and into Ukraine for a portion of the trip, more specifically Lviv/Ivano-Frankivsk and south. They became very concerned for my potential safety as soon as I mentioned the name. I immediately went to the US and UK travel advisories for Ukraine, but they don't seem to trust these and want to hear more personal/anecdotal evidence. Their primary concern seems to be the relationship between Ukraine and the US, and that should I be arrested/lost/ect that the government will be of absolutely no help, wheres in EU countries this would not be a problem. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Any advice/experiences are appreciated. Thanks.
Is Western Ukraine a significantly more dangerous place than Romania?
- 1 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 2 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 3 London at Xmas
- 4 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 5 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 6 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 7 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 8 Almalfi in Late March??
- 9 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 10 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 11 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 12 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 13 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 14 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 15 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 16 Trip to London
- 17 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 18 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 19 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 20 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 21 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 22 Backpacking through Europe
- 23 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 24 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 25 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy