Hello all, I'm a 20 yo male from the US who's traveled to Romania and Bulgaria already and am currently considering another trip to Eastern Europe this Winter/Spring. Everything was shaping up well until I told my family I'll be crossing out of the EU and into Ukraine for a portion of the trip, more specifically Lviv/Ivano-Frankivsk and south. They became very concerned for my potential safety as soon as I mentioned the name. I immediately went to the US and UK travel advisories for Ukraine, but they don't seem to trust these and want to hear more personal/anecdotal evidence. Their primary concern seems to be the relationship between Ukraine and the US, and that should I be arrested/lost/ect that the government will be of absolutely no help, wheres in EU countries this would not be a problem. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Any advice/experiences are appreciated. Thanks.
Is Western Ukraine a significantly more dangerous place than Romania?
- 1 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 2 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 5 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 6 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 7 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 8 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 9 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 10 Edinburgh
- 11 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 12 Connection in Newark EWR
- 13 Refining London and Scotland
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Apartment location
- 16 portugal
- 17 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 18 Paris trip report
- 19 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 20 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 21 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 22 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 23 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 24 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 25 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice