I'm planning a trip for 2 weeks (end of June/beg of July) starting off in Barcelona for 4-5 days. Aside from Barcelona, we're not set in stone on any destination (considering Ibiza, Nice, Monaco in between) and ending in either Paris or possibly Venice?
For anyone who has traveled from Barcelona to France/Italy, what would be some good places to visit (either stay or for day trips ie. Is Montserrat worth visiting or stay in Barcelona the extra day?). We're open to visiting French/Italian Riviera, other places in France (Paris) or Italy. Also wanted to know when it makes sense to fly vs. taking a train (ie. Barcelona to Nice via air?)
Two of us have been to Europe before but for one person in our group it's a first trip to Europe so they'll probably want to visit 3-4 cities.
Itinerary Help! Barcelona to French Riviera to Paris/Venice
- 1 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 2 Changing of the Guard
- 3 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 4 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 5 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 6 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 7 Four days to wander France???
- 8 Budepest or Brussels?
- 9 Normandy on our own?
- 10 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 11 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 12 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 13 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 14 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 15 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 16 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 19 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 20 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 21 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 22 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 23 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 24 day trips from Stuttgart
- 25 Our trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence