I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More
- 1 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 2 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 3 Which tour company would be best?
- 4 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 5 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 6 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 7 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 8 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 9 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 10 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 11 Apartment in Seville
- 12 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 13 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 14 Irish Pub Arrival Time ?
- 15 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 16 Germany and Italy
- 17 day trips from Stuttgart
- 18 Hotels in Sorrento
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 21 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 22 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 23 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 24 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy