I was a 19 year old student student studying at the Sorbonne, writing letters to my new boyfriend. I have the unique, last minute opportunity to visit Paris this Feb with that boyfriend, who is now my husband of 25 years! We will be accompanied by our youngest son who is 14. I feel like a first timer as it has been so long and I will have such a different perspective. I have been reading passionfruitdrink's thread for the past hour and have been totally charmed and inspired by all your thoughtful advice. I am hoping you can help me too. Our time is limited, 4 days not including travel days, during his winter break in Feb. Was looking at apts but think a hotel or even a B&B that could accommodate 3 people might be better. Would love a hotel in a charming area with cafes small shops etc. Our budget is about $200/night, but could be flexible for a really fab place. We don't really feel the need to hit everything. One or two museums one or two Cathedrals etc. We are happy to walk and soak everything in especially the first day. Was thinking about the Blue Bike tour the second day. It seems like a fun tour option especially for our teen. We are happy with picnics and simple cafes, but look forward to sampling lots that Paris is famous for. Am looking forward to any advice anyone could give us.
Last time I was in Paris...
- 1 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 2 Cuenca or Toledo
- 3 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 4 Athens licensed tour guide
- 5 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 6 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 7 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 8 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 9 Converting to EUROs
- 10 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 11 Shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 12 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare
- 13 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 16 Navigo Decouverte
- 17 Lucerne where to stay
- 18 France: CDG to Beaune
- 19 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 20 jungfraujoch mid june
- 21 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 22 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 23 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 24 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 25 Where can we go from Genoa for three days