For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!
- 1 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 2 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 3 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 4 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 7 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 8 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 9 car hire france and spain
- 10 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 11 Trip to London
- 12 Monaco to Paris
- 13 French Riviera Overview
- 14 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 15 15 days in Central Europe
- 16 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 17 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 18 Planning my days in Paris
- 19 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 20 just want to know
- 21 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 22 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 23 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 24 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 25 Scenic train Milan - Paris