we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
- 1 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 2 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 3 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 4 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 5 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 6 Normandy on our own?
- 7 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 8 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 9 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 10 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 11 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 12 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 13 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 14 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 15 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 16 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 17 day trips from Stuttgart
- 18 Our trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence
- 19 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 20 Car rental
- 21 Ordering wine in Paris
- 22 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 23 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 24 Paris Recommendations
- 25 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)