I am currently a sophomore in college and I am planning a trip after I graduate. What I would really like to do is ride a motorcycle along the Mediterranean coast (from Spain to Turkey). Here are some questions...
1. Should I buy a motorcycle over there? Or buy one here and ship it?
2. How much would it cost to ship?
3. Do I need an international drivers license from AAA?
4. How would I register my bike?
5. Would my insurance from USAA cover me?
6. Would it be better to do it on a moped?
7. Is this a realistic idea?
I don't want to rent a bike because I would like to stay for a long time.
Any info is helpful.
Motorcycle tour of Europe
- 1 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 2 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 3 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 4 Best area for wine and which one?
- 5 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 6 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 7 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 8 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 9 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 10 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 13 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 14 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 15 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 16 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 17 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 18 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 19 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 20 Has anyone attended the Landshut Wedding of 1475 celebration?
- 21 ATMs in Prague, Vienna for Bank of America?
- 22 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 23 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 24 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 25 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?