My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Need help with planning UK/Ireland itinerary!
- 1 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 2 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 3 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 4 Istanbul Hotels
- 5 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 6 Serbia photo gallery - Belgrade - Novi Sad
- 7 Planning my trip to Italy
- 8 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 11 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 12 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 13 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 14 Paris Hotel for Young Couple
- 15 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 16 East coast trains
- 17 Photos from northern Italy: Venice, Lake Garda, Lake Como
- 18 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 19 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 20 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 21 Car Rental Locations
- 22 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 23 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 24 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 25 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations