I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
- 1 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 2 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 3 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 4 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 5 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 London on a sunny day
- 8 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 9 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 10 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 11 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 12 London hotels
- 13 What size luggage?
- 14 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 15 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 16 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 17 Nice
- 18 Bernina Express questions
- 19 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 20 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 21 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 22 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 23 Paris to Basel on EuRail pass
- 24 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 25 Clifden Ireland, farm or stable lodging