I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
- 1 Where to stay for one night ???
- 2 Car Rental Locations
- 3 Palermo and Taormina
- 4 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 5 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 6 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 7 Tour-Free Travel
- 8 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 9 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 10 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 11 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 12 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 13 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 14 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 15 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 16 London Spy Sites
- 17 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 18 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 19 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 20 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 21 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 22 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 23 East coast trains
- 24 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 25 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro