I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
- 1 15 days in Central Europe
- 2 France in 7 days
- 3 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 4 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 5 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 6 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 7 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 8 tickets- Cap du Roig festival, Palafrugell, Spain
- 9 Suggestions for France Italy
- 10 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 11 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 12 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 13 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 14 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 15 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 16 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 17 rand versus euro
- 18 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 19 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 20 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 21 Rhine River Intinerary
- 22 Amsterdam to Chamonix road trip
- 23 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 24 Visa to TURKEY
- 25 Car Rental recommendations (Heathrow and Gatwick) ?