I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
- 1 La Samaritaine (Paris): what's happening?
- 2 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 3 rand versus euro
- 4 Vacation rental in Provence
- 5 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 6 Provence next 3 days, help please
- 7 10 days in Poland 7/1-12/13
- 8 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October
- 9 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 10 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 11 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 12 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 13 Which tour company would be best?
- 14 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 15 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 16 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 17 10 day switzerland itinerary by train
- 18 Berne or Montreux, I can't decide
- 19 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 20 portugal
- 21 Ideas on best villages in Tyrol
- 22 Ireland Trip - Final Decision
- 23 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 24 London on a sunny day
- 25 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille