I visited the UK many times and found Oxford, York, Bath, Edinburgh and obviously London to rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations. I want to ask you about 4 places. (1) I hear that Manchester used to look like an industrial city and has been transformed in recent years and is now a center for contemporary museums and a strong nightlife scene. With that said, from a tourist perspective, I am not sure whether Manchester should rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations or whether it is more of a place to visit only if you are in the area or whether it is mostly a ‘special interest’ destination, a city that is mostly good for partying. Is it simply a clean and modern looking place or is it an attractive destination? What do you think? (2) I have the same question for Newcastle (upon Tyne). (3) Lastly regarding Canterbury, do you think it is anything special or just so-so? Is the reason to visit predominately the gorgeous cathedral or is the town as a whole rather quite attractive? (4) Lastly, it has been years since I was in Cambridge. I remember it being okay, but nowhere near as attractive as rivaling Oxford. However, I could be wrong because it has been a while. What do you think?
Opinions on 4 Well-Known UK Destinations
- 1 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 2 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 3 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 4 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 5 French Riviera Overview
- 6 London Evening Activity
- 7 Retirement Vacation
- 8 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 9 Holocaust tours
- 10 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 11 Itinerary help for first timers to Provence
- 12 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 13 Planning my days in Paris
- 14 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 Car Rental Locations
- 17 car hire france and spain
- 18 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 19 Best driving route from Barga to Malpensa?
- 20 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 21 I'd like to visit Sicily
- 22 Four Days in Seville
- 23 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 24 Has anyone sent a "care package" to a student studying abroad?
- 25 Levanto, Italy B&B