Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
- 1 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 2 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 3 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 4 Montepulciano faves
- 5 June Garden Event at Hever Castle.
- 6 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 7 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 8 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 9 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 10 Please Help !!! question about mistake buying train ticket from trenitalia
- 11 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 12 A chacun son goût
- 13 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 14 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 15 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 16 please HELP--so confused!!
- 17 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 18 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 19 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 20 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 21 Cuenca or Toledo
- 22 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 23 Shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 24 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 25 Reporting from Paris May 12-25