We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Prague & Where To Next Suggestions Requested
- 1 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 2 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 3 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 4 florence hotel
- 5 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 6 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 7 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 8 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 9 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 10 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 11 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 12 Train - rental car - Cortona
- 13 My Journey Through Europe
- 14 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 15 Which tour company would be best?
- 16 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 17 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 18 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 19 What is the best food in France?
- 20 Beauty Products in France?!
- 21 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 22 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 23 8 hour layover in Frankfurt of 5/21
- 24 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 25 Vienna - day trips - Melk Abbey