traveling with my husband to Rome (3 nights, Florence 4 nights, and Venice 3 nights) in March!
(I visited Rome years ago as a student, and my husband and I spent one day together in Rome on our way to the Amalfi Coast about 6 years ago.)
don't want to exhaust ourselves/battle huge crowds trying to see "everything"...prefer to take in life and atmosphere and see/visit several highlights...
any itinerary feedback/oversights would be greatly appreciated!
Day 1: arrive from airport to hotel near Spanish Steps around 9am
Borghese Gallery & Gardens
walk around hotel area, perhaps venture onto Via Condotti/shopping areas or visit Villa Medici
return to hotel
10am-1pm 3-hour private guide - want to maximize time:
visit Colliseum, Roman Forum (probably no time remaining for more)
(Do you think this is best use of guide's time or perhaps group tour better for this?)
(We had considered a 2pm-5pm Ancient Rome Walking on Day 1, but were worried we might be exhausted by this time after our overnight flight from the U.S.)
Lunch in Monti or Piazza Navona
Explore on own
Return to hotel
8am small group tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's - through Dark Rome Tours (assuming the Conclave is not taking place!)
explore on own
Return to hotel
We have visited the Pantheon previously and have also visited the Trevi Fountain, which we can return to (fountain.)
We would like to venture out to Tivoli to see the Villa d'Este gardens, but don't know if that's too much and don't want to go with a large group tour.
again, any itinerary feedback/oversights would be greatly appreciated!
(I will post similarly for Florence and Venice.)
Thank you so much!
Relaxing Rome Itinerary
- 1 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 2 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 3 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 4 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 5 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 6 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 7 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 8 3 week trip Western Turkey
- 9 Traveling to Fenegrò Province of Como, Italy from Rome, Italy
- 10 Home base in Provence in July
- 11 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 12 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 13 Drive Rome Florence
- 14 10 Day Trip to Turkey
- 15 Moving to Spain
- 16 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 17 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 18 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 19 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 20 Granada on Sunday
- 21 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 22 Formal Tours of the Marais paris
- 23 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 24 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 25 Barajas, Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.