My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Rental car travel from Amsterdam to Italy and back
- 1 France in 7 days
- 2 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 3 tickets- Cap du Roig festival, Palafrugell, Spain
- 4 Suggestions for France Italy
- 5 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 6 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 7 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 8 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 9 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 10 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 11 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 12 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 13 rand versus euro
- 14 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 15 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 16 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 17 Rhine River Intinerary
- 18 Amsterdam to Chamonix road trip
- 19 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 20 Visa to TURKEY
- 21 Car Rental recommendations (Heathrow and Gatwick) ?
- 22 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 23 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 24 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 25 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions