I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Retrieving SNCF TGV tickets without pin/chip credit card
- 1 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 2 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 3 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 4 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 5 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 6 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 7 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 8 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 9 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 10 Has anyone used zstay.com? Are they reputable?
- 11 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 12 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 13 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 14 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 15 Istanbul in April
- 16 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 17 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 18 Hotel problems in Barcelona Gothic Quarter - Must Read
- 19 Paris Recommendations
- 20 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 22 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 23 day trips from Stuttgart
- 24 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 25 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013