I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Retrieving SNCF TGV tickets without pin/chip credit card
- 1 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 2 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 3 Paris to Basel on EuRail pass
- 4 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 5 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 6 Clifden Ireland, farm or stable lodging
- 7 Train tickets
- 8 Should we stop in Basel on our way to Zurich.
- 9 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 10 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 11 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 12 Cuenca or Toledo
- 13 please HELP--so confused!!
- 14 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 15 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 18 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 19 jungfraujoch mid june
- 20 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 21 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 22 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 23 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 24 I Need To Vent!
- 25 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay