My husband and I live near NYC, and we are looking for somewhere to take a short (4-5 day) break for our anniversary in May. We are considering Reykjavik because the flight is so short (relatively), but the reviews seem to be mixed. We like museums (in moderation), walking, shopping and general sightseeing. We have been to hot springs here in the US and enjoyed that experience, so we were thinking we could go to the Blue Lagoon one of the days. Any thoughts on Reykjavik as a fun place to go for a few days? Is it worth the time and airfare ($675 US in May).? Thanks for any input!
Reykjavik for a short city break?
- 1 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 4 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 5 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 6 Stop over in France
- 7 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 8 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 9 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 10 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 11 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 12 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 13 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 14 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 15 Northern Italy
- 16 Home base in Provence in July
- 17 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 18 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 19 Paris Itinerary Advice - September 2013
- 20 Advance Eurostar Tickets
- 21 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 22 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 23 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 24 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 25 Left Luggage in Brighton, UK