I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Riva del Garda or Bolzano early spring?
- 1 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 2 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 3 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 4 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 5 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 6 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 7 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 8 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 9 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 10 East coast trains
- 11 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 12 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 13 Which tour company would be best?
- 14 First night after arriving in Milan
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 17 France by rail or car?
- 18 Planning my days in Paris
- 19 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 20 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 21 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 22 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 23 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 24 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 25 ? re hotels in 5 terre