I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
- 1 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 2 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 3 HELP stuck in Italy
- 4 Selva Gardena to Lake Como - Where to stay in between?
- 5 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 6 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 7 Easiest way to get to Cinque Terre
- 8 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 9 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 10 Nice
- 11 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 12 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 13 trip
- 14 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 15 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 16 France: CDG to Beaune
- 17 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 18 Two days in Amsterdam; bike tour
- 19 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 20 semi escorted tours
- 21 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 22 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 23 Three nights in London, two nights somewhere else, help?
- 24 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 25 large supermarket in Munich - where?