I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
- 1 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 2 Cuenca or Toledo
- 3 Last monte Paris apartment
- 4 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 5 Wimpy's
- 6 HELP stuck in Italy
- 7 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 8 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 9 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 10 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 11 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 12 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 13 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 14 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 15 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 16 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 17 Nice
- 18 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 19 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 20 I Need To Vent!
- 21 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 22 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 23 Train tickets
- 24 San Lorenzo Market
- 25 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?