My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
- 1 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 2 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 3 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 4 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 5 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 6 Germany with 6 month old.
- 7 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 8 Which tour company would be best?
- 9 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 10 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 11 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 12 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 13 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 14 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 15 Apartment in Seville
- 16 Irish Pub Arrival Time ?
- 17 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 18 Germany and Italy
- 19 day trips from Stuttgart
- 20 Hotels in Sorrento
- 21 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 22 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 23 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 24 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 25 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!