Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
- 1 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 2 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 7 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 8 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 9 How Long For Santorini?
- 10 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 11 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 12 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 13 Kenmare to Dingle- Where to stop along the way?
- 14 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 15 Evening in Oslo
- 16 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 17 Prague Itinerary
- 18 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 19 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 20 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 21 Lisbon Hotels w/Charm & Central Location but NOT $$$$$$$
- 22 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 23 Starting Greece par of our trip, need hotel recommendations.
- 24 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 25 Vatican Guided Tours Questions