I am from South Africa and are quite interested in going to Russia and Scandinavia for a honeymoon of about 2 weeks in August 2013. Russia, because we like museums and its very different culture, and Scandinavia (especially Norway) because we would like to see some ice and glaciers (and possibly do some hiking). I like the rest of Europe as well, but am a bit weary of too many other tourists at that time of year...
Anyway, so my rough plan was to fly to Moscow (spend 2 days), train to St Petersburg (spend 3 days), train to Helsinki (try and coincide and run the Helsinki marathon and spend the night), fly to Stockholm (2 days) and fly to Oslo (spend 3 days in Norway).
We are quite active (hence the marathon and hiking) and thus a laid back island holiday isn't really our scene. I have very little experience in Europe so your suggestions about the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such an itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Also if you think the itinerary is perhaps a bit too strenuous (especially on a young marriage!), I will definitely heed your warnings
russia and scandinavia for honeymoon - suggestions please...
- 1 Northern Italy
- 2 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 3 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 4 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 5 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 6 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 7 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 8 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 9 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 10 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 11 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 12 Best area for wine and which one?
- 13 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 14 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 15 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 16 Pre-paid SIM card at Munich Airport
- 17 Bellevue House in Florence Contact ?
- 18 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 19 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 20 Drive Rome Florence
- 21 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 22 Which tour company would be best?
- 23 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 24 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 25 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.