We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
- 1 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 2 Changing of the Guard
- 3 Which tour company would be best?
- 4 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 5 WWI Battlefield Tours
- 6 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 7 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 8 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 9 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 10 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 11 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 12 London Evening Activity
- 13 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 14 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 15 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 16 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 17 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 18 Germany and Italy
- 19 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 20 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 21 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 22 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 23 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 24 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 25 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?