I am planning a family Christmas trip to Bavaria this year and have already booked a mid-size wagon with Hertz. For an additional 115 Euro I've added snow tires. But I'm wondering if I'm getting ripped off. Yes, we will be doing a lot of driving in and around Innsbruck, Bressanone, Garmisch, Berchtesgaden, etc. I am well aware of German law mandating the use of snow tires in the mountains and know they are necessary. However, whenever I book with Hertz I never request GPS but 90% of the time the car already has it. Wouldn't all car rentals in Munich already have snow tires installed? Are they gonna swap tires for those who do or don't request winter tires? For peace of mind I'll probably pay the money but if anyone can assure me that all the cars on the Hertz lot are gonna have winter tires anyhow, I'd be a fool to pay $150 for a freebie.
Snow Tires on rentals
- 1 Advance Eurostar Tickets
- 2 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 3 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 4 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 5 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 6 Barajas, Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.
- 7 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 8 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 9 Tierentyne mustard on a Sunday
- 10 St. Peter's Tomb at the Necropolis Scavi Fact or Fiction?
- 11 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 12 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 13 Prague Itinerary
- 14 Revamped Summer Plan - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 15 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 16 Home base in Provence in July
- 17 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 18 Formal Tours of the Marais paris
- 19 10 Day Trip to Turkey
- 20 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 21 Granada on Sunday
- 22 Four Days in Seville
- 23 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 24 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 25 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP