It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions
- 1 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 2 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 3 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 4 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 5 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 6 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 7 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 8 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 9 London at Xmas
- 10 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 11 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 12 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 13 ferry to Harwich
- 14 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 15 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 16 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 17 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 18 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 19 just want to know
- 20 Planning my trip to Italy
- 21 Backpacking through Europe
- 22 Sardinia July Our final plan
- 23 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 24 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 25 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help