Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
- 1 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 2 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 3 Apartment in Seville
- 4 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 5 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 6 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 7 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 8 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 9 Which tour company would be best?
- 10 Irish Pub Arrival Time ?
- 11 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 12 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 13 Germany and Italy
- 14 day trips from Stuttgart
- 15 Hotels in Sorrento
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 18 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 19 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 20 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 21 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 22 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 23 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 24 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 25 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations