We usually drive around Europe, which gives us flexibility to choose where to stop and for how long. However later this year we are contemplating a short add-on to a tour. Our tour finishes at Frankfurt, and we want to visit friends in Berlin. For a change we think it would be nice to do it by rail rather than driving. Bahn.de shows 2 rail routes between Frankfurt and Berlin, one via Hannover and one via Leipzig. That's fine - we could make it a round trip. We can also extend the Leipzig option to Dresden and go on to Berlin from there. The question is: if we wanted to break any of these journeys by staying overnight somewhere, what places would best entertain 2 people who enjoy history, characterful and interesting "old towns", and some natural beauty? Hannover? Leipzig? Dresden? Any other places on the rail route between, e.g. Erfurt, Eisanach, Meissen? Grateful for your advice.
Stopovers - Frankfurt to Berlin
- 1 Trip to London
- 2 just want to know
- 3 car hire france and spain
- 4 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 5 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 6 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 7 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 8 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 9 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 12 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 13 London at Xmas
- 14 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 15 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 16 Almalfi in Late March??
- 17 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 18 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 19 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 20 French Riviera Overview
- 21 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 22 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 23 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 24 Foggia Day Trip
- 25 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant