We usually drive around Europe, which gives us flexibility to choose where to stop and for how long. However later this year we are contemplating a short add-on to a tour. Our tour finishes at Frankfurt, and we want to visit friends in Berlin. For a change we think it would be nice to do it by rail rather than driving. Bahn.de shows 2 rail routes between Frankfurt and Berlin, one via Hannover and one via Leipzig. That's fine - we could make it a round trip. We can also extend the Leipzig option to Dresden and go on to Berlin from there. The question is: if we wanted to break any of these journeys by staying overnight somewhere, what places would best entertain 2 people who enjoy history, characterful and interesting "old towns", and some natural beauty? Hannover? Leipzig? Dresden? Any other places on the rail route between, e.g. Erfurt, Eisanach, Meissen? Grateful for your advice.
Stopovers - Frankfurt to Berlin
- 1 Wimpy's
- 2 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 3 Last monte Paris apartment
- 4 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 5 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 6 HELP stuck in Italy
- 7 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 8 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 9 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 10 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 11 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 12 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 13 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 14 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 15 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 16 Nice
- 17 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 18 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 Train tickets
- 23 San Lorenzo Market
- 24 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 25 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal