My family (Wife, Daughter 1 - Age 2, Daughter 2 - Age 1) and I are planning a 4 day trip to Zurich and nearby areas accessible by public transport. I am very confused by all the options available as far as rail passes go. I have a few questions and will appreciate and help/guidance:
1. Do my daughters need separate passes?
2. I have read that it is possible to purchase a group pass (with 2 to 5 names listed on it) for a discount - does this apply to my situation, will I need to list all four of us on the pass, and where do I go buy this?
3. I have read that there is not a substantial difference between the 1st & 2nd class experiences (especially not one that justifies the difference is cost) - my question here is, if I buy a 2nd class pass, can I upgrade select journeys for an additional cost to first class? How would this work?
A couple of unrelated questions around travel in Switzerland in general:
1. I am hoping to carry two small strollers (umbrella type) and two medium size back packs (with all of the baby food, diapers etc.) - Is this going to be an issue with booking 2nd class tickets?
2. Will we need to carry car seats with us (in the off chance that we need to hail a cab etc.) or do taxis have special permits that will allow us to ride in taxis without car seats for the babies?
As you may have gathered, a primary objective is to make the vacation fun for the entire family including the two young ones. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Switzerland Rail Passes
- 1 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 2 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 3 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 4 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 7 Athens licensed tour guide
- 8 Visit to Russia - Money
- 9 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 10 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 11 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 12 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 13 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare
- 14 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 15 Romania Apartment List
- 16 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 17 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 18 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 19 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 20 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 21 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 22 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 23 Eurostar Italy train to Florence fro Milan's Malpensa Airport
- 24 Rome's night of the museums 18 May 2013
- 25 Flight check in at Swiss Train stations