Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
- 1 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 2 How Long For Santorini?
- 3 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 4 Istanbul - Topkapi book recommendation?
- 5 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 6 Germany with 6 month old.
- 7 France by rail or car?
- 8 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 9 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 10 Driving Napflio/Mystras and Mystras/Olympia AND Private Guides
- 11 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 12 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 13 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary
- 14 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 15 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 16 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 19 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 20 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 21 Hotels in Sorrento
- 22 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 23 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 24 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 25 Which tour company would be best?