We are currently contemplating our honeymoon this September/early October. It will be for almost three weeks.
At the moment we are thinking Sicily and Calabria – what do people think of this option? Initial thoughts based on my limited research produced something like this:
Fly into Catania or Palermo.
Taormina (6 days);
Aeolian Islands (6 days);
Tropea (8 days – use as a base and do day trips by rental car).
We are conscious of not wanting to move around too much. Our interests are nice beaches, picturesque, non-touristy villages, food and wine and some nightlife (Catania, Reggio Calabria??).
I am aware that we are not staying anywhere in the West of Sicily – should we try and make it over there? It is likely that we will be flying in to Palermo so perhaps it would make sense to start with 3 or 4 nights on the West and then cut back a night for each of our other locations. If so, where would people recommend in the West?
I believe the weather should still be in the mid-20s in late September and early October – is this the case?
Thanks a mil in advance!!
Thoughts on honeymoon in Sicily and Calabria
- 1 ferry to Harwich
- 2 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 3 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Berlin Hotels
- 6 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 7 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 8 Ireland----the isle of pleasant surprises!
- 9 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 10 Who has travelled with Smart Tours or Friendly Planet??
- 11 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 12 This is a great book if you are visiting Venice
- 13 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 14 Tennyson Home
- 15 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 16 Istanbul Hotels
- 17 Where to stay in London in July
- 18 Backpacking through Europe
- 19 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 20 CORFU --Best way to spend one full day
- 21 Scotland car rental advice
- 22 florence hotel
- 23 Connection in Newark EWR
- 24 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 25 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal