I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
- 1 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 2 Palermo and Taormina
- 3 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 4 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 7 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 8 Where to stay for one night ???
- 9 Car Rental Locations
- 10 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 11 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 12 Tour-Free Travel
- 13 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 14 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 15 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 16 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 17 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 18 London Spy Sites
- 19 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 20 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 23 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 24 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 25 East coast trains