my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Transport around Europe
- 1 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 2 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 5 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 6 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 7 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 8 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 9 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 10 Edinburgh
- 11 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 12 Connection in Newark EWR
- 13 Refining London and Scotland
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Apartment location
- 16 portugal
- 17 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 18 Paris trip report
- 19 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 20 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 21 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 22 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 23 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 24 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 25 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice