This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
- 1 Refining London and Scotland
- 2 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice
- 3 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 4 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 5 Help with itenerary
- 6 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 7 Rhine River Intinerary
- 8 Rough Itinerary for Scotland, please more help
- 9 Connection in Newark EWR
- 10 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 11 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 12 Travel to Italy prior to study abroad in Spain, Study Visa
- 13 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 14 portugal
- 15 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 16 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 17 Can I Get a US Credit Card with a Chip like They Use in Europe?
- 18 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 19 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 20 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 21 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 22 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 23 London on a sunny day
- 24 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 25 Train tickets