My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
- 1 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 2 portugal
- 3 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 4 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 5 Can I Get a US Credit Card with a Chip like They Use in Europe?
- 6 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 7 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 8 Rough Itinerary for Scotland, please more help
- 9 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 10 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 11 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 12 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 13 London on a sunny day
- 14 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 15 Train tickets
- 16 Sardinia, Italy
- 17 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 18 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 19 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 20 Navigo Decouverte
- 21 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 22 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 23 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 24 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 25 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?