My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
- 1 Northern Italy
- 2 Home base in Provence in July
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 5 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 6 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 7 Paris Itinerary Advice - September 2013
- 8 Advance Eurostar Tickets
- 9 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 10 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 11 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 12 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 13 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 14 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 15 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 16 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 17 Left Luggage in Brighton, UK
- 18 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 19 Best Time of Day to Tour Windsor Castle
- 20 Prague Itinerary
- 21 Moving to Spain
- 22 Drive Rome Florence
- 23 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 24 Tierentyne mustard on a Sunday
- 25 3 week trip Western Turkey