We have been to Italy five times and been all over the country. We have stayed a number of times in southern Tuscany near Pienza. We are looking to do a relaxing (as in long stops and short drives) trip this time. We are staying a few days in Rome and then have a another week in Tuscany and or Umbria. Want to stay somewhere we haven't been before. Thinking about Spoleto (Palazzo Leti hotel) and Cortona (Villa Marsili) and visting Assisi while driving from Spoleto to Assisi. Any comments as to this itinerary? Is a week to long for these two towns? Experience with these hotels? Other towns better?
Umbria/Tuscany for a week - Cortona/Spoleto?
- 1 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 2 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 3 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 4 Kenmare to Dingle- Where to stop along the way?
- 5 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 6 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 7 Lisbon Hotels w/Charm & Central Location but NOT $$$$$$$
- 8 Prague Itinerary
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 11 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 12 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 13 Starting Greece par of our trip, need hotel recommendations.
- 14 How Long For Santorini?
- 15 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 16 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 17 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 18 Germany and Italy
- 19 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 20 Moving to Spain
- 21 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 22 Lucerne where to stay
- 23 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 24 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 25 Four days to wander France???