We will be in Ireland in May for two weeks, spending 4 of those days in Dublin. I realize that Dublin is a "walking" city. But we will be staying at the Gibson Hotel by the 02 and will need to take the red line into city center every day. When we visit other cities, we like the idea of having a transportation "pass" that we can use for our time there. Is the Leap Card geared for tourists, however? I understand that it's a card that you load with a certain amount of money which takes a deduction every time you make a trip. But I also read on a tripadvisor discussion that the 5E deposit you make when you first load a card is only refundable by mail and then you deposit it in an Irish bank. Not possible for a tourist. That dicussion is 8 months old, so I don't know if that is still the case. Has any tourist used this card?
Using the Leap Card in Dublin for transportation
- 1 Bernina Express questions
- 2 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 3 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 4 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 5 Budapest,Prague,Berlin and Romania
- 6 jungfraujoch mid june
- 7 Norway experts needed.
- 8 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 9 A chacun son goût
- 10 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 11 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 12 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 13 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 14 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 15 London on a sunny day
- 16 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 17 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 18 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 19 London hotels
- 20 What size luggage?
- 21 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 22 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 23 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 24 Nice
- 25 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland