My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance
- 1 Berne or Montreux, I can't decide
- 2 Where to Stay in Paris with Family
- 3 Vienna - day trips - Melk Abbey
- 4 Tour for Alhambra
- 5 London on a sunny day
- 6 portugal
- 7 HELP stuck in Italy
- 8 I Need To Vent!
- 9 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 10 Itinerary help please! Dolomites 1 week hut to hut guided tours
- 11 10 day switzerland itinerary by train
- 12 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 13 Rhine River Intinerary
- 14 What is the best food in France?
- 15 Help with itenerary
- 16 10 days in Switzerland & 3-4 days in Paris
- 17 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 18 And for more pickpocket news - this time at Sistine Chapel
- 19 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 20 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 21 rand versus euro
- 22 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 23 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 24 London & Surrounding Area
- 25 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport